In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 133 of the Constitution of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, and in supersession of all rules made in this behalf, the President, after consultation with the Bangladesh Public Service Commission as required by clause (2) of Article 140 of that Constitution, is pleased to make the following rules namely
GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF BANGLADESH
No.S.R.O.275-L/78/ED(R-II) R-10/78-63, dated the 24th October, 1978.
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 133 of the Constitution of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, and in supersession of all rules made in this behalf, the President, after consultation with the Bangladesh Public Service Commission as required by clause (2) of Article 140 of that Constitution, is pleased to make the following rules namely :
- Short title.¾These rules may be called the Typist (Ministries, Divisions and attached Departments) Recruitment Rules, 1978.
- Definitions.¾In these rules, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,
- “Appointing authority’’ means the Head of Ministries, Division or attached Departments and includes any officer authorised in this behalf;
(b) “Commission” means the Bangladesh Public Service Commission;
(c) “Examination’’ means an examination to be conducted by Commission for the purpose of recruitment to a post;
(d) “Post’’ means a post of Typist in a Ministry, Division or attached Department ;
(e) “Probationer” means a person appointed on probation to a against substantive vacancy;
(f) “Recognised Board’’ means a Board of Intermediate and secondary Education established by or under any law for the time being force and includes any other Board declared by the Government to be a recognised Board for the purpose of these rules; and
(g) “Schedule’’ means the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Procedure for recruitment.-Appointment to the posts shall be made by direct recruitment through the Commission.
4. Examination.¾(1) For the purpose of selection for apointment to a post, the Commission shall conduct a competitive examination and test in the subjects as detailed in either Group of Part of the Schedule.
(2) No candidate shall qualify in the examination unless he secures the marks, or has a speed, as specified in either Group of Part ‘B’ the Schedule :
Provided that a candidate who fails to secure the marks specified Part ‘B’ of the Schedule as pass mark in each subject and pass mark in the aggregate shall be ineligible for appointment to the post.
5. Particulars of examination to be announced by the Commission.¾ The commission shall announce the particulars relating to the date, time table, place and such other particulars as it considers necessary, of the examination.
6. Application, examination fees, etc.-(1) An application for admission to an examination shall be submitted to the Commission on or before such date as the Commission may announce in this behalf.
(2) No person shall be eligible for an examination unless¾
(a) he applied in such form, accompanied by such fee and on or before such date, as was notified by the Commission while inviting application for the post; and
(b) in the case of a person already in Government service or in the service of a local authority, he has applied through his official superior.
7. Educational qualification.-A candidate must have passed the Secondary School Certificate Examination of a recognised Board in order to be eligible for admission to an examination.
8. Age limit.¾No person shall be eligible to appear at an examination if his age is less than 18 years and more than 25 years on the date specified by the Commission :
Provided that the upper limit of age of a candidate already working in a post shall be relaxed by the number of years he has been putting in continous service in that post. A certificate in this behalf from the Head office should be enclosed with the application for the purpose.
9. Selection of candidates by the Commission.¾(1) The Commission shall select persons from amongst the candidates and send the appointing authority a list of candidates found qualified in order of merit for appointment.
(2) Appointment to the permanent and temporary post shall be made by the appointing authority strictly in order of merit.
10. Appointment.¾(1) No appointment to a post shall be made exept upon the recommendation of the Commission.
(2) No person shall be eligible for appointment to a post if he¾
(a) is not a citizen of Bangladesh ;
(b) is married to, or has entered into a promise of marriage with a person who is not a citizen of Bangladesh.
(3) No appointment to a post shall be made until¾
(a) the person selected for appointment is certified by a Medical Officer not below the rank of Civil Surgeon to be medically fit for such appointment and that he does not suffer from any such organic defect as is likely to interfere with the discharge of the duties of the post;
(b) the antedecents of the person so selected have been verified through appropriate agencies and found to be such as do not render him unfit for appointment in the service of the Republic.
11. Probation.¾(1) Persons selected for substantive appointment to a permanent post shall be appointed on probation for a period of two years from the date of such appointment :
Provided that the appointing authority may, for reasons to be recorded in writing extend the period of probation by a period or periods so that the extended periods does not exceed two years in the aggregate.
(2) After the completion of the period of probation including the extended period, if any, the appointing authority :
(a) If it is satisfied that the conduct and work of the probationer during the period of his probation has been satisfactory, shall confirm him; and
(b) If it is of opinion that the conduct and work of the probationer during that period was not satisfactory, may terminated his service.
|Sl. No||Subjects||Total Marks||Time|
|For English Group|
|1.||Eassy writing in English||50||1 hour.|
|2.||Type writing in English||50||10 minutes.|
|For Bengali Group|
|1.||Eassy writing in Bengali||50||1 hour.|
|2.||Type writing in Bengali||50||10 minutes.|
|Name of the Post||Minimum typing speed per minute.||Minimum pass marks in each subject||Minimum pass marks in the aggregate|
|For English Group|
|For Bengali Group|
By order of the President
টাইপিষ্ট নিয়োগ বিধিমালা, ১৯৭৮ [English Version): ডাউনলোড